Please complete the Registration Form below
Bring it into our Studio & get started!
What we provide at our Dance Centre
We do it all
The Robert Mann Dance Centre offers graded dance lessons from beginners through professional levels for both children and adults in:
- Theatre Dance
In addition, we offer 4 magnificent Programs for Young Dancers:
- Tiny Tots Dance – Music & Dance & Me
For Children Ages 1.6 Years of Age to 2.6 Years of Age
- First Step Dance Program – Pre-Ballet & Tap
For Children Ages 2.6 Years of Age to 3.6 Years of Age
- Combination Dance Class – Ballet – Tap & Tumbling
For Children Ages 3.6 Years of Age to 6.6 Years of Age
- Young Dancers Program – Tap & Jazz (2 Hour Class)
For Children Ages 6.6 Years of Age to 7.6 Years of Age
All dance classes are structured with allocated time for warm-up, center floor work, traveling movements, combination of steps, routines and cool-down. All students, regardless of age, learn the proper names and techniques and the proper execution of each dance step. All students are assigned to a class, first by their technical proficiency, secondly by their performance qualities and lastly by age.
When considering the dance class placement of any student, we ask that you remember:
- That the assignment of any student to the proper dance class and instructor is personal and extremely important to the advancement of their dance education.
- That it may be necessary to reschedule a student several times before finding the class that will be most beneficial
- That when it comes to placing a student in the proper dance classes, the RMDC cannot and will not consider: personal schedules, other events, other lessons, friendships, car pools and other such matters
- That all children (and adults for that matter) do not learn at the same rate and, although students may have started together, does not mean that they should stay together. If they are not progressing at the same rate, keeping them in the same dance class benefits neither student. The more advanced student will become bored because the class is moving too slow and the student who is forced to be in a class that is beyond their technical level will become frustrated and want to stop taking dance lessons because they can’t keep up.
Returning students are evaluated by the RMDC Faculty at the end of each year and are placed in dance classes in accordance with that evaluation and the approval of Mr. Mann. Each student is placed with other students who have achieved the same level of technical proficiency and performance quality.
New student who have never dance before will be placed in beginner classes by age. Students who have studied before are place in classes on a trial basis and moved according to their proven level of achievement. At the RMDC we do not place students in classes by the number of years they have studied, but only by what they have accomplished.
Missing lessons is frowned upon. All dance lessons at the RMDC are planned in advance and adjustments in that plan must be made for each student who misses a lesson. We cannot allow the progress of any class to be hindered by any individual student because of absences, nor will we permit any student to be held back from more rapid advancement by his or her classmates because of absences.
An alternate class schedule will be printed and posted on the studio’s bulletin board. This schedule will list each class and the alternate scheduled class should you need a make-up class. All missed classes must be made up. There are no credits or refunds given foe missed lessons. The entire yearly fee must be paid in full to participate in the Annual Recital.
RMDC SCHOOL CLOSINGS
A complete RMDC CALENDAR detailing all day that the DAYS STUDIO WILL BE CLOSED (for Holidays) and DAYS THE STUDIO WILL NOT FOLLOW THE SCHOOL CALENDAR AND WILL BE OPEN
Excused Absences – Parents of students who will be absent due to illness or family emergency, must notify the studio by telephone at 718-225-3696 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org in ADVANCE.
Unexcused Absences – Parents of students who will be absent for reasons other than illness of family emergency and do not notify the studio in advance will not be excused. Mr. Mann and the Faculty reserve the right to refuse permission of any student with four or more Unexcused Absences and has not made up any missed class to participate in the Annual Recital.
The RMDC policy concerning student’s attire is based upon tradition but founded on the necessity of the teacher’s ability to clearly see the muscular movements and spinal alignment of the student. Wearing the proper dancewear enables the student to benefit the most from their training during dance classes. The RMDC will publish and distribute a detailed list of what each student (without exception) will wear to each dance class by subject. Students who are not properly dressed will not be permitted to participate in class. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS
THE SCHOOL YEAR
The RMDC’s School Year
Registration Dates: The last Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday of August from 11am to 7pm/
1st Day of Classes: The first Wednesday of September
Discounted Tuition: Payments must be made before the 10th of each month
Costume Deposit: On or before the 3rd Saturday in October
Costume Balance: Upon receipt of Statement (January)
Last Day of Classes: The last Wednesday prior to the Recital Date
An annual recital will be given at the close of the school year. The recital is looked upon as a learning experience for our students. It is a mark of achievement and offers the students an opportunity to work toward a goal during the dance classes. Keep in mind that the “ART OF DANCE” is a “PERFORMING ART”
Registration Fee: There is a small registration fee that covers necessary paper work and Studio Insurance.
Tuition Fees: Tuition is a yearly fee, paid in monthly installments
Discounts: There is a discount for each additional class members of the same immediate family are enrolled
Returned Checks: The RMDC will not re-deposit a check returned from the bank FOR ANY REASON There is a $30.00 fee for the 1st returned check, and loss of checking privileges for the 2nd returned check.
THE ROBERT MANN DANCE COMPANY
The Robert Mann Dance Company was formed to give the students of the RMDC additional opportunities to enrich their dance education through performance opportunities, and is sponsored y the ROBERT MANN DANCE FOUNDATION, LLC.
Requirements for Membership and maintaining Membership:
Must be A STUDENT OF THE ROBERT MANN DANCE CENTRE
Must be ENROLLED IN AT LEAST ONE BALLET, ONE TAP & ONE JAZZ CLASS
Must be ENROLLED IN A LEVEL 3 CLASS OR HIGHER IN EACH SUBJECT
Must be RECOMMENDED BY A MINIMUM OF TWO RMDC FACULTY MEMBER Must be IN ATTENDANCE FOR ALL REGUALAR CLASSES
Must be IN ATTENDANCE FOR ALL COMPANY REHEARSALS
Must be IN ATTENDACNE FOR ALL SCHEDULED REHEARSAL Must be IN ATTENDACE FOR ALL SCHEDULED COMPETITION AND EVENTS
- All students and parents must adhere to all the Rules and Regulations of the RMDC.
- All students must attend dance classes regularly, arrive on time, and dress in accordance to the RMDC Dress Code. Students not properly attired or who arrive more than 5 minutes late for class will not be permitted to interrupt the class in progress and will not be permitted to participate in the class.
- There will be no smoking, chewing gum, drinking or eating allowed anywhere in the dance rooms or waiting room with the exception of bottled water.
- All students must use the dressing rooms to change into or out of the clothing. The girls dressing room is on the lower level and to boy dressing room is located in the rear of the waiting room.
- Absolutely no clothing or personal belongings are to be left in the waiting room area before, during, or after dance classes.
- Parents and quests waiting for students taking class are required to keep noise at a minimum so that the class in session will not be disturbed.
- There will be absolutely no visitors permitted into the classroom other than the regularly scheduled visitors’ day.
- Non-dancing children in the waiting room are not to be left unattended.
- Due to the RMDC’s strict regulations, babysitting is not permitted and therefore not offered by the RMDC. All parents must be in attendance at the end of their child class(es) so that their child or children can be released to them directly.
- The RMDC will not be responsible for any items lost, stolen or left in any area of the studio.
- Under Fire Regulations, NO CARRIAGES, BIKES, CARTS, etc. will be permitted into the RMDC.